Join a terrific retail team in America’s most livable and vital city, Seattle. Profitable, 4- decade, single unit, European men’s and women’s fashion specialty store beginning it’s next phase in business, seeks self directed professional sales persons with growth oriented attitudes and excellent work ethic.
This is an opportunity to serve in pivotal roles of both management and merchandising once selling acumen is proven. Candidates must be articulate, technology savvy, have demonstrated track record in client development, customer service skill sets and evidence of innovative and critical thinking in past employment. Minimum of 3 years of retail sales experience in fashion desired.
Product knowledge in both designer and hand crafted clothing and accessory products required. Must recognize the life style benefits of small business employment and play well with others.
Full or part time positions available. Salary will be commiserate with experience. Moving expenses included. Benefit package for full time employees includes medical, matching retirement, vision, clothing allowance, stock options. Only optimists, with a discerning sense of style, need apply. Send resumes plus 3 professional references to our hiring team leader, David Matsudaira, david@BUTCHBLUM.com
BUTCH BLUM has had a robust internship program since 2009. Interns learn the ins and outs of both a small business and the fashion industry. Each internship is 120 hours, non paid, with interns working 5-6 hour shifts, twice per week, over 10-12 weeks
Interns compensated with a real world, hands-on experience and receive and a letter of recommendation from CEO, Kay Smith-Blum upon their completion. Interns who show exemplary potential will benefit from the global reach of BUTCH BLUM, a successful high end clothing business that has thrived for 40 years.
Applicants should possess
– Past experience and/or interest in marketing, sales, management, communication, retail.
– Understand how to use word and excel efficiently, MAC familiarity a plus, BB is a MAC based company
– a H.S. diploma and is a of Sophomore status or higher in a 2 or 4 year accredited institution
Applicants may apply for:
Fashion Marketing Internship:
– Assist with promotions efforts
– Distribution of vendor media (flyer’s, books, postcards)
– Support sales staff with client contacts (mailers, calls, emails)
– Assist in coordinating BB events ( fashion shows, in-store galas, trunk shows, expos, seminars)
– Learn about the buying/selection process
– Assist in keying data entry for purchases
– Administrative tasks relating to inventory and sales process
– Customer service protocols
– Inventory controls, stock/receive merchandise, mail out procedures
Visual Merchandising Internships
– Work directly with Visual Director developing window concepts
– Create and develop window propping
– Maintain display areas, in store signage, media center management
– Refresh in store mannequins to coincide with current windows
To apply: email resume and letter of intro to promotions@BUTCHBLUM.com